Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Series of Brooch Necklaces


Lately, I've been making things in threes. I like taking one type of component and making different versions of a design. I finally finished my series of brooch necklaces. I enjoyed these so much I ended up making five of them. I love off-center focals, and I knew I wanted to start with that basic design concept. I searched and searched for focal pieces that "grabbed" me. Then I searched and searched for matching beads and clasps that would play off the focal component. When I found this lovely, detailed Madame de Pompadour stamping, I knew I had my first piece to work with for this series. The brooch necklaces also include a shepherdess, a lotus, a romantic cameo and a sugarplum swirl.

6 comments:

Serendipity Collections said...

Beautiful necklace!

Jana

Anonymous said...

Your creations are beautiful!

Helen Tanner Askins said...

That is just simply GORGEOUS!!! I, too, like the off-centered style, because it's sort of unique and different. Excellent work!

Hey Viv ! said...

I like the style you're going for here. (maybe I'm just an off center kind of gal) You keep it looking elegant !

Viv
at Hey Viv !

heyviv1950s.blogspot.com

Kara's Beads said...

BeadRee,
Your work is so beautiful. I am so inspired by your work.
All I can say is WOW!

Kara Mitchell
Kara's Beads

pchickki said...

Gorgeous necklace. You are so talented!
Hugs
Patti