Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mix and Match Sunday

When I saw this coral tea dress, it was love at first site. You will find this dress and many more delightful frocks at sohomode on Etsy. (sohomode.etsy.com) Not to mention the most amazing collection of tea dresses for your wedding party. Absolutely charming!


I thought it would be fun to browse through Etsy to find a necklace match for this dress. There are lots of different ways you can add jewelry to this dress, and there were so many possiblilities to choose from.

In the end, this Autumn Fields necklace from Ferry Tales Gifts on Etsy totally won me over. (ferrytalesgifts.etsy.com)




I love the way the dress and the necklace play off each other. The vintage buttons and lucite flowers in the necklace seemed so compatible with the dress. I can see this dress with all kinds of jewelry, including a vintage brooch. I know if I were lucky enough to own this lovely tea dress, I would try one after another of different colors and styles of necklaces, and earrings too.

Actually, what I like about the dress is how it's lines and colors can be used for many different kinds of "jewelry moods", so each time you change the jewelry you wear with the dress, you've created a completely different look. 

What I love about the necklace is how it will work with several different colors and add such a finishing touch to any look. Aren't the layers of texture in this necklace so rich! This necklace puts the "s" in statement!